Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Two down, one more to go!!

I've got my bachelors degree, my masters degree and all that's left is my Ph.D, yup, that's right my Ph.D as in doctorate degree as in hello 3 or 4 more years of sweat, blood and tears. Heh, heh. It's not that bad actually.......or at least i think it's not going to be that bad.

My convocation or graduation day has come and gone (it was in August). I was surprised that i wasn't more excited about the graduation ceremony. I remember being very excited and nervous about the graduation ceremony for my bachelors degree. I should have been more excited the second time around, but surprisingly i wasn't. Maybe it's because I had experienced it before and this time wasn't any different than the first. I think it will be different when it's time for me to receive my doctorate degree. I will still be studying flies and their nasty little habits, except my study will be even more detailed than my master degree. I'll study flies that breed in landfills/municipal garbage dumpsites. Smelly stuff, i know but i love it. Flies are dirty but interesting little buggers.....well, actually they're clean, but because they like to clean themselves on our food after just having a nice stroll through putrid, disgusting not to mention bacteria filled stuff, they become dirty to us.

I haven't started my research for my Ph.D yet because i'm still reading jounal articles and other related reading material needed for my research. I need to design my research first before starting my research. So wish me luck!!!

I'm not going to comment much on what's going on in the world because it's just too depressing. People just can't get along with each other. It's like spoilt little kids fighting over a toy and they're no adults in sight..... "He hit me first" says child A. "NO! he hit ME first" says child B . Take THAT and THAT!!!" both shouting together while attacking each other. It goes on and on and on. Except the people i'm talking about are fighting over something more serious than a child's toy. Then there's the death of Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, which makes me even more sad. The world has lost a great educator, conservationist and entertainer. He was sincere and genuine in his love for animals and conservation, a true scientist, a true blue natural zoologist though he didn't have any professional degrees. I admit I loved him, loved his enthusism and passion for all living things in the animal world. He will truly be missed.

4 Comments:

At 22/9/06 12:43 pm, Blogger je@ said...

Yeehaa, you are back.. Mm..you forgot to mention..that JELLY is retiring!! Penting tu...

 
At 25/9/06 10:20 pm, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

To puteri:

You know me, ni tgh very the rajin nih. That's why there's something to read here. On Steve, I know he can be really silly sometimes but i'm really really sad that he's gone. Tak leh tgk dah rerun crocodile hunter, bila tgk muka dia, rasa sedih.

 
At 25/9/06 10:26 pm, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

to je@:

Yep, i'm back, but it really depends on my rajinness. Heh heh. i was too sad about Steve Irwin, that's why i forgot all about jelly bodo tu. Anyway still takleh support Kimi because even without jelly i still can't bring mself to support ferrari. I dunno what to do.... i'll wait till the next f1 season to make up my mind.

 
At 30/10/06 7:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi =)

I found the word KancilZilla on the back of a Kancil (or was it a Kelisa?) on my way back to my sweet kampung, Kluang, Johor.

Anyway, googled it, and... Here I am. Just curious to know if it was your car, LOL =3 E-mail me at ezehelm[at]gmail[dot]com

Inetersting blog, by the way. I like the way you write!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home