Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's crunch time

I haven't updated my blog in a long time i know. I'm in the final stages of writing my thesis and it is a pain in the butt. Research is fun but writing about what you've researched is no joke. It's giving me headaches and apparently it has made me shortsighted. Staring at the computer for hours and not sleeping right has made me slightly shortsighted. I now, for the first time in my life have to wear prescription eyewear a.k.a glasses a.k.a spectacles.

My mom says it's high time i started wearing specs coz my brother and sister are already moving on to bifocals. My mom and dad have been wearing glasses even longer. So i've been feeling left out, but NOT anymore thanks to my M.Sc thesis.

I've now started updating my blog again and i'll keep it up hopefully if i have the time. Anyway, i found this poem or whatever you want to call it (i do't really think it's a poem) while surfing the internet. enjoy. I found it here www.keirsey.com.

If I do not want what you want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong.

Or if I believe other than you, at least pause before you correct my view.


Or if my emotion is less than yours, or more, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel more strongly or weakly.


Or yet if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, let me be.


I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up changing me into a copy of you.


I may be your spouse, your parent, your offsping, your friend, or your colleague. If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or actions, then you open yourself, so that some day these ways of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear to you as right -- for me.


To put up with me is the first step to understanding me. Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness.


And in understanding me you might come to prize my differences from you, and, far from seeking to change me, preserve and even nurture those differences

4 Comments:

At 29/9/05 10:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, i missed your insights. I wish you every success with the thesis and, I agree wearing glasses can be a pain too but the alternative laser surgery is expensive. (I didn't just agree because of your latest post though, nice poem)You may want to change the "my blue heaven" link to this new effort
best regards,

 
At 12/10/05 4:19 am, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

tak nak ler nanti jadik cam alien....mata ijau

 
At 12/10/05 4:26 am, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

To digger: Thanks, i missed writing those insights, heh!
Laser surgery?...err, definitely not within my financial capabilities. I'll change that link soon.

 
At 11/11/05 8:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Happening ?

We've been traveling and I made a travel blog

hope you enjoy the pictures
regards,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home