Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Poem by an african man

I saw this poem in a Nike add once, sometime after the World Cup. I found it interesting so I've posted it here, but I still don't know who wrote this poem. If anyone knows, please tell me the name of the author.

POEM BY AN AFRICAN MAN

Dear white fella,
Couple things you should know
When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in sun, I black
When I cold, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black

And you white fella,
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
When you die, you gray
And you calling me colored??

2 Comments:

At 8/3/05 10:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the black poem before, not sure of the origin.

I found your blog by clicking "next blog" a couple of your qoutes interested me.

Please enjoy my site

 
At 17/3/05 8:57 pm, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

Thanks for leaving ur comment. I've been unable to reply or update my blog or even get online, due to my ISP's week-long screw-up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home