Sunday, February 20, 2005

Very Important Statistics

I saw something on the news about a month ago, it was, in my opinion, rather ridiculous. So much so that i just had to share it with someone.

I was flipping through the 4 tv channels that we have, opps! sorry 5 channels, i almost forgot RTM1, when I came across the TV3 news. Some guy was spewing statistics and it sounded serious. I had missed the start of this segment so I didn't know what the statistic was about. I don't remember what he said exactly but here is the gist of it.......... "About 50% percent of them are between 20-30 years old and 40% are between 30-45 and the rest are between 45-50. We believe that the total numbers of them will continue to rise in the next five years". At this point I was thinking that it was something serious like the road accident statistic or crime statistics. He sounded really serious.

But it started to get ridiculous when this guy on the news said with a really serious look on his face "we are now targeting consumers between the ages of 30 to 45, who we think are most likely to need more tupperware products". I started to laugh when i heard this, but there's more, this guy then said "We are optimistic that we will be able to meet the demands of our consumers. We guarantee that there will be no shortage in tupperware products". Ha Ha Ha!Why did the reporters think that it was something that they had to include in the news. I mean, what were they thinking. It was the most ridiculous news i've ever heard.

But maybe.... I suppose it will be a disaster of epic proportions if there indeed was a shortage of tupperware products. Where would we store all the food. Kids wouldn't be able to bring their lunch to school for recess. Mothers will have nowhere to store leftover food. Oh my god, what a disaster. Heh! Heh!

1 Comments:

At 23/2/05 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome and thank you for your comment. Most of the blurbs on my blogs are either taoist or zen buddhist observations. hell, I don't think i've had an original thought for ages.

Take care, I'll be watching, ttfn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home