Friday, June 17, 2005

A long delayed update and a case of food poisoning

I know....I know.... I haven't updated my blog for a long, longg time. It's appalling, i know. I just haven't been in the mood. Now that Kimi has won again in Montreal, canada, i feel happier and am now ready to start writing again. It was a great win and well deserved. But it's a shame about montoya getting a black flag. It would have been great to see a 1,2 victory for Mclaren.

I would have posted something right after i had watched the race, especially when i saw how great kimi raced in the Canada GP, but i was just not feeling well. I've had a really lousy week in terms of health. I had a terrible migraine that lasted two days, combined with a really bad case of PMS or cramps and for the last two days I've been down with a slight case of food poisoning. It's not so bad, but, it has still kept me in bed and also made me throw up a couple of times. I'm feeling better today and i've stopped hurling but my appetite is still non-existant.

Anyway, i was trying to cheer myself up and found these jokes here -- http://home.comcast.net/~wildlifebio/Jokes.htm . Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Biologist Discover a Pot Farm

A pair of biologists are studying terns on a rock island just off the coast. While walking on a distant part of the island, they are shot at by a group of thugs operating a pot farm. This happens several times and the local law enforcement refuses to investigate.
On their last day on the island they happen into a huge pile of harvested grass that has been set out to dry. Quickly they decide to set it on fire to pay the thugs back for shooting at them. The fire takes off and sends plumes of smoke into the sky. As they are running for their boat, they notice that the soaring birds are acting weird, spiraling out of control and crashing into the trees.
The next day they read the headlines in the local paper:

Pot Farm Burns - No Tern Left Unstoned!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mongoose Terminology

A wildlife biology grad student was writing a proposal to get some funding for a mongoose research project. He sat at his computer and typed:
"I will attach radio collars to a pair of mongooses...."

Wait, he thought, that doesn't sound right. So, he backspaced and began again:
"I will attach radio collars to a pair of mongeese...."

Still again, he thought, that just doesn't sound right. He backspaced again, and after thinking for several minutes, he began to type:
"I will attach a radio collar to an adult mongoose. Immediately after the first is attached, I will attach a second collar to another mongoose..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay the joke i've posted below is a head scratcher. For the life of me, i couldn't get the joke. Why is it funny. I don't get it. The writer on this site says that if you really think about it, it's funny. But i still don't get it. Maybe someone out there can help me with this joke.

Q How do you get an elephant out of a tree?
A. You take the F out of Fun and the F out of Way!

Any ideas on why it's funny? Coz i sure don't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home