Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

I tried to find a good poem that describes my relationship with my father, but couldn't find a suitable one. It just shows that my relationship with my father is indeed unique, that, nothing but my own words can describe it. Just check the word benefactor in the thesaurus and see what words can substitute it. Benefactor can be substituted with the words supporter, well-wisher, philanthropist, promoter, sponsor and backer. He's all that to me and a whole lot more.

My benefactor, My father

Memories fresh in my mind,
Clear to this day,
Of bedtime stories,
And pleasant dreams

A deep soothing voice,
A demanding presence,
A strong person,
That I’ve depended on,

Childhood memories,
Fresh in my mind,
Of waiting,
And of missing,

He goes away,
But always returns,
A pillar of strength,
A well of wisdom,

He guides me,
Supports me,
Ever so silently,
Ever so quietly.

Yet I know,
He’ll always be there for me,
My benefactor,
My father.

-by Nurita-

Happy father’s day Papa
Love you.

To poem enthusiast, critics and analysts, this is to remind you that:
1. I’m not a professional poet, so don’t try to be too analytical of this poem
2. If you don’t like it, tough! It’s for my father not you!

7 Comments:

At 20/6/05 11:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your father, well done, Congratulations. I can tell he means a lot to you !

And hey, you didn't pin the map at the biologists Joke Page

 
At 20/6/05 11:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I posted the farmer's advice I didn't think to number them

 
At 21/6/05 1:11 am, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

Thanks. He means the world to me. My mom and dad and the two most important people in my life. I think sometimes people tend to take their parents for granted, i don't want to be those people.

-about, the map....I didn't actually get what it was about. But i've now explored it more...and i'm putting a pin in it now.

 
At 21/6/05 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you've been an embalmer when you find a musca domestica in your souop and you lay it to one side and keep on eating your soup

 
At 21/6/05 7:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I committed a spelling error; sorry about that !!

 
At 21/6/05 7:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Summer Solstice;
May beauty surround you and the road be downhill

gassho,

 
At 23/6/05 8:19 pm, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

Heh heh! Hey entomologists do that too....well at least we preserve dead insects by drying them up.

I don't know about summer solstice but here it's always summer, except at the end of the year when is monsoon season and it rains a lot. But thanks anyway, hope you enjoy the summer solstice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home