Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's my birthday? Oh gosh

Today is my birthday. Oh my god I'm numerically getting older. Don't feel old though. So doesn't really matter. I feel great. My health has improved ten fold since i've shed an excess weight of 14 kg over the last two years by maintaining a balanced diet ( i'm not kidding). I managed to keep it off which makes me even more proud of myself. I've even managed to keep my new year resolution so far this year. I know it's just April but i've never actually kept one this far.

What's my new year's resolution. A change of lifestyle - healthier lifestyle spiritually, physically, and mentally that is. I wanted to kick the rest of my bad habits for example sleeping too much (check). I wanted to get to my lab early in the morning and start work early (so far so good). I wanted to reach 60 kg by april (well came close...61kg). My target weight is 55 kg. So wish me luck.

Another reason that i'm happy is that i managed to get a scholarship for my PhD studies. Yea for me. I'm working on a grant for my research (wish me luck again). My research is progressing really well. So, I LOVE my life so far. I'm happy. Alhamdulillah.

Sorry, if i'm kinda annoying some of you reading this entry. It's not that my life is a relaxing walk in the park. I've had my share of ups and downs. But the ups have been more than the downs and I'm thankful for that.

6 Comments:

At 28/4/08 1:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:P

-ayu-

 
At 5/5/08 10:13 am, Blogger je@ said...

huwaa..sorry nunu... aku lupa besday ko... tak sengaja...:-(

happy..belated belated belated birthday...

 
At 2/3/09 7:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 
At 15/12/10 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was browsing through old stuff this morning and suddenly realized how long ago we met. And now it is two years later since this birthday blog. I wonder how where your studies have taken you. I see you recently review books and movies.
It's all good; I wish you well.
gasssho, Richard

 
At 15/1/11 1:59 am, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 15/1/11 2:01 am, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

@Digger - Glad to hear from you. It has been a long time since i updated my blog. Been rather busy with my studies. I have started writing my phd thesis now and hopefully I'll be done with it soon. I did start reviewing books but even that has been put on hold for the time being. I might just limit the reviews to books in future. Do drop by once in a while because i might just take up blogging again if i have the time. By the way, are u on facebook? If you are just look for my full name Nurita Abu Tahir and add me if you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home