Thursday, May 12, 2005

Mother's Day

Since I'm not there to celebrate mothers day with you mama, here are two poems that i found on the internet that i really love. Though the poems are not mine but they represent what you really mean to me and why i love you very much. Happy mothers day mama.

I Love You, Mom
... and I Want You to Know Why
I Feel So Proud to Be Your Daughter


You are a remarkable woman
who accomplishes so much as a
strong woman
in a man's world
You are strong but soft
You are strong but caring
You are strong but compassionate

You are a remarkable woman
who accomplishes so much as a
giving woman
in a selfish world
You give to your friends
You give to your family
You give to everyone

You are a remarkable woman
who is also a remarkable mother
And you are loved by so many people
whose lives you have touched -
especially me
-Poem by Susan Polis Schutz




I Want to Apologize for Any ProblemsI May Have Caused You
and I Want to Thank You

I want to apologize
for any problems
that I may have caused you
in the past
I am not
the easiest person
to live with
since I am so
independent and strong
but you can be sure
that though it possibly didn't seem like it
your values and ideals
did pass on to me
and I carry them forward
in all that I do

You always were someone
stable, strong, giving and warm
an ideal person to look up to
This has given me the strength
to lead my own life
according to my own standards
Your leadership and love
have enabled me to grow
into a very happy person
and I think
that is what every mother wishes
for her child
Thank you

-Poem by Susan Polis Schutz

3 Comments:

At 13/5/05 11:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your mother's day post. My mum died many years ago but, one never really loses the truly unique relationship and memories.

here's a neat   blog ;her water colors are very compelling and she has an english site as well.

 
At 17/5/05 7:35 am, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

I truly believe that. It's really special, the relationship between mother and child. Nothing can truly sever that bond. Thanks for the link...the watercolors are great, loved it! Are they hers, i can't tell, cause it's in french (is it french?).

 
At 17/5/05 8:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, there are hers. Go to   Her english page and at the very beginning of her blog (back in Nov 20040 she explains the watercolors and you can read her signature on the paintings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home