Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Lab Rats

Rats in a science laboratory, nothing unusual? That's usually the case but it's not the case in my research lab in my school (faculty). Why is that you ask? Well, it's because the rats in my lab are not the rats that are kept in cages....yup, they are free-thinking and independant rats. It's an invasion!!! A family of rats have moved in and made themselves at home in the medical entomology lab in the school of biological sciences. You would think they'd know better than to park themselves smack dab in the middle of a scientific research lab! Maybe they're suicidal rats.

Anyway, the invasion began just after I counted the last house fly and finished my research and started to write my thesis. That was in december of last year. Since then, i haven't been to the lab for quite some time. If I did set foot in the lab it would be for like a few seconds to get some stuff. Apparently, since i've holed myself up in my room to write my thesis and neglected visiting the lab, the undergraduates using the lab for their final year project have not been taking good care of it. They've left a lot of things on the floor and under the tables, things like boxes, plastic bags, pieces of wood and such. This is like an invitation card to rats, you know, come over, make yourselves at home. Some people are just irresponsible. What's the use of an education if you don't make use of it.

4 Comments:

At 23/3/05 9:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always fascinated by the life line of the shistomyesis causing microrganism (sorry,can't recall it's family name)

By the way, if interested, a picture of my dog can be viewed at http://realdigger.blogspot.com/

enjoy,

 
At 23/3/05 9:46 pm, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

I've checked out joey's pic. Kinda blurry don't u think? What kind of breed is he, can't really make it out from the pic. Then again i'm not an expert on dog breeds.

 
At 23/3/05 10:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's difficult to take a picture of a big black dog in partial lighting. Sorry about the blur. Maybe I can catch him on a clear day.
Joey is a Bouvier/Labrador Retriever Cross. Interesting mix, very gentle and lovable.

 
At 23/3/05 10:15 pm, Blogger Kancilzilla said...

Heh heh! He is kinda black.....but even with the blur he looks adorable and gentle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home